Saturday, August 9, 2008

I Survived!!!

I did it!

I survived my first sleepover.

OK, it's not my first sleepover, but it is my first sleepover as a parent!

We had four sweet girls over to our house Wednesday to celebrate Madison's 8th birthday. Since her actual birthday wasn't that great, I was really hoping the sleepover would be better. It was!

The girls arrived and we made individual pizzas. Most of the girls made theirs nice and neat, but one had to use ALL of the sauce, which made her pizza almost inedible!


After pizza, Madison got to open her presents. She got a Webkinz- again, I wish I had thought of that! Her friend has a matching puppy!


She got LOTS of HSM and Hannah Montana dolls. She got a pool for the dolls to play in and the girls spent a lot of time playing with the pool.


She also got a soccer ball, so the girls went outside and played soccer for awhile.


The only drama came before soccer. Not everyone had shoes to play in, so Madison was letting girls borrow her shoes. Words were exchanged over tennis shoes, and three girls ended up in tears. I quickly turned on "teacher mode" and got to the bottom of the disagreement. After the appropriate people apologized, everyone was fine. All over tennis shoes, go figure!

After soccer, I gave manicures and pedicures to all of the girls. I have never painted that many nails in my life! They turned out very cute and all of the girls liked the crazy colors I chose! :)


We also made soap- yes, I said soap. This was a spa party after all! The girls had a lot of fun (with the exception of Madison sticking her hand in the hot soap after I warned her about it!! :) They got to make different colors of soap in the shape of purses, shoes, dragonflies, etc. They turned out really cool! I told Steve I might take this up as a hobby and he just laughed at me. Oh well. I'll make him a bar of soap and he'll feel better about it!

Around midnight, the girls laid down for the evening- yeah, right. Since our bedroom is right below the media room, we could hear every move that they made. For the most part, they laid down, but I did have to go up there a couple of times. Madison said they went to sleep around 2:00 am. I was out by 1:30, so I have no idea what happened! :)

The next morning, we had cinnamon rolls and it was time to go home!

Madison said that this is "what an 8 year old girl dreams her party will be," so I think it was a success.


I'm still tired, so I'm off to take a nap!

No comments: