Saturday, July 5, 2008

What Happens in Vegas... Ends Up on my Blog

Steve and I are basically boring people, so we have nothing to hide, even what happened in Vegas! Last Tuesday, we left the girls (for the first time in 8 years!) with Dave and Pat, Steve's parents. We picked them up at the airport, said our goodbyes to the girls and made a run for it! OK, OK, I'm a big talker. I knew I was going to miss the girls terribly and we ended up talking 4-5 times a day! As much as I missed them, however, Steve and I had a great time. I actually got to experience multiple meals without going potty once!

We got off of the plane at about 9:30 pm, and stepped out into the 148 degree heat! Well, it wasn't exactly 148 degrees, but Dallas felt downright chilly compared to Las Vegas!



We stayed at Planet Hollywood, which was very cool. When we got there, the check-in guy asked, "Are you married?...To each other?..." Gotta love Vegas! Anyway, when we said that we were there celebrating our 10th anniversary, he upgraded us to the newly renovated 21st floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains and the Paris balloon.

This was the view from our window during the day... (don't I look like my mother in this picture???)


and at night...


The first night, we were starving so we went down to find a restaurant in Planet Hollywood. Everything was packed except for- you guessed it- the Mexican restaurant! That's right, we left Texas to eat at a Mexican restaurant! Like I said before, I got to eat my food without going potty once, so it was a fabulous dinner!

We spent our days braving the 111 degree heat (I'm not exaggerating this time), walking up and down the strip. The strip is like one of those hallways that keeps going and going. It looks like a short distance between hotels, but once you start walking it gets farther and farther away! Here are some pics from the different hotels.


Steve at the Venetian canals


Outside of the Paris hotel


Steve outside of the Luxor


Paris- my favorite!

On Wednesday, we got tickets to see Wayne Brady. He is absolutely hilarious. He must be super smart too. It's one thing to do improv, but to do it while singing (amazingly, by the way), imitating a celebrity, and dancing... He was incredible!

After the show, we went backstage to meet Wayne. Here's a picture of our meeting.


OK- I made that part up. Pretty good, huh? His show is called "Making It Up!" by the way! That's the clean version of the title. Use your imagination... I'm way taller than him in real life too!

On Thursday, we went to see the aquarium at Mandalay Bay. There was a tunnel that you walked through and watched the sharks swimming above you! I kept thinking how much the girls would have loved it!

We did try our luck at the slot machines. The first night we were there, I spent $1 and ended up with $16. However, Steve lost $10 at the same time, so we didn't do too well! I did pull a slot machine on the street and won a bright red sweatshirt with "Tropicana Hotel" on the sleeve. It is just lovely!

One of the best things about our trip was sleeping in. I don't even know when we got up in the morning! It was wonderful!

It was a great trip, and I hope we don't wait another 10 years for another "grown-up" trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Wayne Brady picture. I laughed out loud.